Woodspring Suites Guest Attendant- Part Time, Fort Mill
Part Time Non Exempt
Positive. Professional. Problem-solver.
This is a highly visible, part-time customer service role at Woodspring Suites. More often than not, you will be the face of the property and the first point of contact for our guests. Responsible for office operations in the absence of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, you will successfully assure front office operations exceed standards.
Performance based culture… We work hard and we play hard - respecting the balance between personal life and work life. We offer equal opportunity and advancement based on merit - operating with a small efficient team of hospitality professionals.
Compensation: Hourly, dependent on experience.
- Part time schedule 25-27 hours per week (days vary by location and staffing need).
- Oversee the daily operations of the property in the absence of the Managers, including; reservations, renewals, check-outs, and check-ins.
- Review and approve transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Ensure team member attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
- Give tours to potential guests and be able to ask for and close the sale.
- Ensure proper delivery of guest's special requests (i.e. linen request for sofa sleeper).
- Inspect studios for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
- Respond to requests from immediate supervisor and follow up with immediate supervisor.
- Assist the Property Attendant in housekeeping with the day's needs.
- Wash, dry and fold laundry as needed.
- Administration of keys.
- Know property emergency procedures.
- Manage inventory and assist with budget control.
- Ensure proper uniform standards are followed throughout departments.
- Familiarize yourself with area attractions and services to accommodate guest's needs.
- Suggest/Sell services and amenities to accommodate guest's needs.
- Review studio inventory and work within guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining accounts.
- Make outgoing marketing calls and other various marketing activities as requested.
- One-year experience in customer service; hotel operations preferred
- Knowledge of lodging point of sale systems
- Excellent communication skills needed to make outbound telephone sales call
- Bi-lingual preferred; must speak English
- Excellent oral, organization and written communication skills
- Have reliable transportation
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem solving skills
- Proactive and aggressive in solving problems
- Repetitive stair-climbing
- Kneeling and/or squatting
- Climbing ladders
- Lifting 20 lbs over head
- Pushing and pulling 20 lbs
- Standing for prolonged periods