Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Part TimeBartender to join Graduate Annapolis and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures bar is set up with appropriate levels of liquor, juices, crushes, additives, soda, etc.
· Ensures that the bar, glasses and cutlery is clean and sanitized
· Ensures guests are of legal age to consume alcohol
· Prepares drink orders according to bar standards and guest preferences
· Presents bar bill and takes payment
· Ensures guests are engaged and satisfied
· Monitors guests for overconsumption of alcohol and takes steps as necessary
· Locks up and store all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma/GED
· Safe Serving certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of alcohol serving practices and standards
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally
· Team player
· Ability to exceed expectations of guests
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
Our hotel rooms are ready for a night like you’ve never had before, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor and around each corner, including Malin + Goetz amenities and complimentary Wi-Fi. Be prepared to be inspired.
Just a short stroll from the U.S. Naval Academy, St. John’s College and Chesapeake Bay, our hotel is located in the heart of the Annapolis Arts District. Guest rooms celebrate bayside style, Navy pomp and campus lore. Gather your crew for a cappuccino at Poindexter Coffee or enjoy fresh coastal eats and cocktails at Camp Severn Shore.
Just a short walk from the campuses of the U.S. Naval Academy and St. John’s College, Graduate Annapolis is the ideal location for your next event. With nearly 20,000 square feet of flexible event space, we offer a variety of distinct settings to host groups of up to 500 guests.
Savor the carefree spirit of summer at our restaurant Camp Severn Shore, with coastal bites and throwback drinks. Morning or late night, Poindexter Coffee serves up our signature breakfast sandwiches and café favorites alongside caffeinated creations.