The Security Officer maintains a constant vigilance to insure the safety of patrons and employees and company property.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Enforce and adhere to Delaware Park Policy and Procedure.
- Responsible for enforcing security procedures at all assigned posts.
- Assists in the transfer of monies from one area to another.
- Patrol grounds in security vehicle as assigned.
- Displays a courteous and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with the public and Builds Rewarding Relationships.
- Knowledgeable and actively promotes company marketing and promotional events and are proficient in answering guest questions.
- Communicate (both written and verbal) with and promote positive team member and guest relations.
- Maintain professionalism at all times when working with other team members and/or guests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Previous Security experience, preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete and maintain the background check and licensing process, required by the Delaware Lottery during employment.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) lbs. without difficulty.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Must be able to wear and appear comfortable in the assigned uniform provided by Delaware Park.
- Must be able to sit, walk and/or stand for an eight (8)-hour shift without difficulty
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry up to 50 lbs and kneel, squat and/or grasp as needed.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Zone assignments covering large areas with long walking distances, Work areas could have high volumes, diverse clientele, noise, music, minimal and/or bright lighting and variation of climate control.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management is mandatory.
- Must be able to handle all types of guest related situations; relay all guest compliments and complaints to department management.
Delaware Park offers team members a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a matching 401K plan, paid time off, team member referral program, and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.