Posted February 16, 2021The Merrill Hotel, Muscatine, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Experienced Line Cooks needed at Luxury Hotel
The Merrill Hotel and Maxwell’s on the River is looking for qualified applicants for a Line Cook position. We are a four-diamond hotel situated on the Mississippi River in downtown Muscatine, Iowa. Ranked #1 Hotel in Iowa by the U.S. News & World Report in 2019, we strive to consistently bring exceptional experiences to our guests with our New-American cuisine and elevated bar program. Our kitchen provides service to our restaurant as well as our conference center.
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
• Sets up and stocks station prep and supplies in a timely fashion.
• Prepares menu items to order on various kitchen stations.
• Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
• Assists with the preparation and execution of banquet events.
• Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
• Cleans and sanitizes kitchen areas at the end of the shift per closing logs.
• Performs station inventory checks and completes food temperature logs.
• Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Supervisor
Hours & Benefits: Full time hours, Marriott benefits, AM/PM/weekend shifts, flexible work schedule, paid vacation & sick time, competitive hourly pay, food and beverage discounts, employee meal program, uniform provided.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
• Ability to work as a team member
• Follows directions and instructions
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED is not required for this position
• Previous kitchen experience is preferred, but not required
• Experience with various cooking methods and procedures preferred, but not required
• Familiarity with industry practices, or the willingness to learn and abide by them
Apply for this position today by calling 563-263-2600 ext 7903, or submit your resume to Executive Chef Tessa Crookshanks at firstname.lastname@example.org
119 West Mississippi Drive
Muscatine, IA 52761
122 Room Hotel
As rare as a pearl found in a Mississippi River clam, The Merrill Hotel, Muscatine, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is a 4 Diamond, boutique hotel in downtown Muscatine, Iowa, right on the Mississippi River. The Merrill Hotel is a proud member of the International Association of Conference Centers - one of only two IACC certified hotel in the state of Iowa.
A member of the Marriott family of brands, we were recently recognized as providing the highest guest satisfaction of all Tribute hotels in North America in 2019. At the same time, US News & World Report named our hotel "The Best Hotel in Iowa" for the second straight year!
The Merrill boasts 122 luxury guest rooms and suites and an all-day restaurant and Lounge. Named after one of our city's historical figures, Maxwell's on the River also serves adjacent outdoor greenspace in our nice weather. Naturally, we offer a first-class fitness center connected to our heated indoor saltwater pool.
Our picturesque meeting venue is spectacularly located on the top floor of The Merrill. We offer over 12,700 square feet of flexible and intimate event space. Our balcony fronts the entire building and overlooks the Mighty Mississippi, making it uniquely suitable for both business and social gatherings.
Of Course, we provide such benefits as ongoing training, an employee meal plan, free parking, referral bonuses, monthly and annual employee recognition programs. Additional benefit options include health insurance, 401k, sick and vacation days. On top of all this, as a Marriott brand, the world's largest hotel company, hotel rooms are available around the world at discounted rates for the emplyees, their family and friends.