This position maximizes revenue and creates value by providing purposeful customer service, adhering to Hyatt training standards. This includes effective reservation sales, handling all guest accounts efficiently and accurately, and assisting in all phases of guest experience such as check-in, check-out, problem resolution, and all needs of guests at the 24/7 market.
In order to apply for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Upon hire you must complete the I-9 form within the first 3 days of employment.
We expect our employees to approach their work with passion, enthusiasm, and attention to customer satisfaction. We also expect our employees to champion, embrace and live the company values: Fun, Accountability, Concern for Others, Continuous Improvement, and Trust. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them as guides to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays to meet hotel/guest needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and guests; (i.e. use appropriate language, display proper tone, attitude and body language when communicating.)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions as directed by supervisor/manager
- Reporting to work on time and ready to begin your shift (being tardy places an unfair burden on the team)
- Working Safely is a condition of employment. All employees must follow the safety policies and procedures and immediately report injuries to their manager or manager on duty.
- Performing the job duties as described. (Reasonable accommodations will be considered in accommodating disabilities. If you believe you need an accommodation, please speak with your supervisor, General Manager, or Human Resources.)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with State /Federal laws and hotel policies/ procedures, i.e. Employee Handbook
- Arrives to work in appropriate work attire (uniform, foot wear, name tag) neat and professional in appearance
- Seeks approval from management prior to working overtime (i.e. punching in early or staying beyond scheduled shift)
- Acknowledges our guest with a smile and friendly “hello.”Promptly attends to guest needs in the Gallery.
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism consistent with the company values
- Demonstrates a team behavior and attitude of working together to accomplish tasks (even if outside specific job duties)
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets productivity standards/expectations
- Welcomes and checks-in guests in a friendly and efficient manner.(Excellent customer service and phone etiquette.) Adheres to Hyatt Place First Place standards for guest interaction and service recovery.
- Accountability for assigned cash drawer(s) and cash balances
- Answers and transfers calls in timely (preferably 3 rings) and courteous fashion
- Manages all aspects of the reservations process.Stay abreast of local rates, in-house strategy, special rate plans and packages, available inventory, etc.
- Verifies accuracy of information in property management system (Opera) entering data correctly and checking daily arrivals
- Effectively handles all guest inquiries, requests and complaints.Confirm guest needs have been met;
- Communicates effectively with all departments
- Develops a working knowledge of local attractions, business locations, and points of interest
- Directs traffic inside the hotel with vendors, overnight guests, employees, meeting attendees, visitors and conducts tours of the hotel when applicable
- Acts as a safety and security agent by identifying and reporting potential risks to guests, employees or the building
- Knowledgeable of all major hotel systems including their locations, basic troubleshooting and relevant contact list
- Complies with guest privacy standards
- Has complete knowledge of all hotels services, amenities, and hours of operation
- First point of contact during any emergency.Be familiar with all emergency procedures as documented in hotel Emergency Manuals
- Accurately handle all in-house accounts including guest names, room charges, methods of payment, special requests, etc.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Handles services for guests including guest mail, messages, telephone calls, faxes, wake-up calls, and general inquiries
- Confirms guest satisfaction at check-out and take appropriate corrective action if necessary.
- Ensures transfer of information from shift to shift at the Front Desk
- Keeps adequate inventory of front desk and guest supplies available at all times.Communicate shortages as necessary
- Understands and adhere to hotel’s policies and Hyatt House Brand Standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Must have very good verbal communication skills to provide/create exceptional service for our guests.
Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced position with constant guest interactions. Ability to work well with others (i.e. interacts appropriately with guests and staff.) Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under stress. Good computer keyboarding, phone and office skills. Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks safely and efficiently.
Experience / Education:
Prior customer service experience is preferred. High school diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
This is a physically demanding job that requires extended periods of walking and standing with some bending and lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.