Objective of Position:
To maintain the safety, security, and cleanliness of the hotel during the overnight shift.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Carry a radio and respond immediately when called.
- Conduct regular rounds of the property to ensure that the building asset is secure.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and radio procedures and guest/ associate incident procedures.
- Possess general knowledge of fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
Guest Service function
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints or requests.
- Assist the front desk with all guest deliveries and requests to and from rooms.
- Keep management promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so that prompt, corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
- Offer assistance to the Night Auditor in setting up breakfast in the morning.
- Maintain and exceed cleanliness standards throughout the property with main emphasis on public areas, interior hallways, elevators, stairways, and the exterior grounds.
- Maintain inventory and stock of all room amenities and paper supplies stored in housekeeping closets for daily use.
- Vacuum and clean all public areas, including lobby, pool, fitness room, vending areas, etc.
- Set-up, refresh and break down all meeting rooms the night before a scheduled meeting
- Handle any and all room work orders received by the Front Desk or other personnel.
- Provide general repair and maintenance of guestrooms.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Utilize basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Make general repairs and adjustments on in-house plumbing facilities.
- Perform touch-up and trim painting in guestrooms and hallways.
- Understand maintenance of pool and spa operation.
- Perform tasks as outlined on the shift checklist.
- Perform other housekeeping or engineering projects, as necessary.
- Perform other services or duties as needed.
- Several times throughout the shift, check the following areas for consistent cleanliness standards:
- Outside perimeter
- Pool (checking water temps.)
- Fitness Room
- Public Restrooms
- Employee Breakroom
- Meeting Rooms
- Mechanical Rooms
- Front Vestibule
- Front Desk Trash
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)