Posted March 5, 2021Marriott International
The Vice President, Premium Brands – Westin, Le Meridien, and Renaissance Hotels (and Gaylord), is a key member of the Global Brand & Marketing organization and leadership team. He/she functions as the strategic guest experience and consumer marketing leader for the designated brand(s). This position will lead all aspects of the consumer experience , will provide strategic direction and insight regarding global brand marketing plans, strategies, creative, messaging, partnerships and program activation and advertising/marketing communications. This role also oversees the creation of brand marketing and brand voice activation platforms to support driving sales (B2C and B2B), marketing, public relations and Digital at all touch points including the owner and franchisee community. In addition, the Vice President is responsible for leading key category innovation initiatives as identified by the SVP/Global Brand Leader and managing the business model & driving brand performance and consumer preference. The Vice President, Premium Brands – Westin, Le Meridien and Renaissance Hotels plays the central leadership role in driving mission-critical, cross-functional initiatives on key areas for the brand.
Education and Experience
· 14+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance AND
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related; MBA. OR
· 16+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Partnering with Brand Marketing to establish and execute the global brand marketing plans
· Protects, celebrates and grows the brand(s), enhances marketplace relevance and delivers the brand promise.
· Partners and ensures implementation of integrated global marketing plans, as well as programs to continue to successfully position the brand(s) and achieve specific plan objectives and category leading RevPAR and market share premiums.
· Supports marketing, competitive and consumer insights to inform the business, marketing plan, as well as marketing activities.
· Provides executive oversight, functional and business expertise to ensure the successful execution of brand marketing strategies and programs.
· Develops, creates, and measures impact of brand marketing to include: brand voice, marketing activation and guidelines, brand messaging, advertising, photography and guidelines, brand integration, public relations, brand experience partnerships, , experiential marketing and events, website development, HWS, promotions, marketing innovation, key continental regional pull through strategies and tool content development.
· Creates solid creative briefs that logically tie to impactful consumer insights leading to best in class creative work from Marriott’s agency partners.
Supporting the global positioning and growth of the brand(s)
· Partners/works with key organizations including global marketing, public relations, sales, marketing, finance, owner services, revenue management, Digital, regional sales/marketing leaders and other functions to drive effective, on-brand execution and results requirements of the plan.
· Interfaces with Global Sales to develop and execute appropriate field sales and marketing plans globally.
· Ensures that business model, positioning and core proof points are clearly articulated for their brands, understood by key stakeholders and scalable to drive system growth.
· Provides opening support for all new hotels, coordinates with openings and regional teams to ensure all elements of the ‘opening countdown’ including opening countdown, training, etc. are executed on brand. Provide guidance to opening teams to ensure branded critical path document for openings and conversions are developed and maintained.
Brand Strategy & Planning
· Drives the brand forward via new initiatives, products, and services (including evaluation of initiative impact, ROI, and sustainability).
· Leads the development of the annual brand business plan. Assists in the development and execution of Long Range Plan (LRP) – specifically brand enhancement impacts.
· Provides strategic guidance and partners with disciplines/market to set Brand Performance Scorecard targets. Reviews scorecard performance across brand.
· Provides oversight to ensure the appropriate resources are applied to surface and analyze trends, identify root causes of issues, and make improvement recommendations and/or adjust targets as appropriate.
· Translates internal and external research and trends into actionable brand strategies. Analyzes data to frame up a business issue/concept; determines feasibility and understands how to operationalize the concept; converts research data into actionable options for moving the brands forward.
· Educates/communicates on brand strategy, positioning, voice, strategic pillars and competitive environment.
Brand Performance & Development
· Develops clear applications of business and brand strategies that can be translated by other functions into tactical implementation. Establishes, communicates and coordinates work priorities to achieve the brand strategies.
· Serves as the primary point of contact to ensure that new brand initiatives are being designed and deployed within market effectively.
· Regularly interfaces with AVPs and other market resources to better understand environmental factors impacting current and future brand initiatives and standards and to provide regular brand updates.
· Champions brands’ GM advisory board, or related forums, to align and obtain input and feedback on strategies, initiatives and general brand priorities.
· Partners with development as needed to support them in immersing prospective new owners into the brand, its strategies and positioning.
· Works with development team to produce toolkits and resources, conducts owner brand immersions and site visits to support development in securing on-strategy projects for the brand. Owns end-to-end brand innovation process outcomes.
· Monitors collective impact of all innovations/products/services to ensure they achieve overall objectives outlined in the Brand Business Plan, while maintaining the integrity of the Brand Business Model.
OPERATIONS & CULTURE
o Leads and drive key, mission-critical and innovative cross-functional brand initiatives to further enhance brand experience and build out the brand core proof points. Leads multi-functional teams to achieve these critical initiatives.
o Establishes communication platforms for the brand with the field / market (e.g. webinars, immersions, training tools).
o Provides direction on internal marketing efforts to include associate rallies, communications platforms, training efforts and culture initiatives.
o Works closely with GOS to develop, refine and implement brand operating standards, procedures, and brand operations-driven programs. Oversee the development of brand specific Quality Assurance program with the QA team. Advocates for brand standards in operating and capital budget guidelines. Establishes brand manifesto activation success measures and tracking mechanisms. Works with quality assurance teams to provide guidance to AVPs, OFS, and other continent leadership teams on individual property performance against brand core proof points and related initiatives.
STYLE & DESIGN
o Establishes the brand design strategy and guides the ongoing refresh in partnership with A&C.
o Provides input to A&C / ID and AVP on design for new builds, conversions and renovations projects.
o Leads the development of design tools and resources and guidelines in partnership with A&C and other disciplines.
o Directs the design and selection of brand product standards (OS&E) globally in partnership with the respective discipline resources.
MARKETING & PR
o Ensures alignment and coordination with brand marketing on strategies, platforms and programs.
o Partner with the marketing organization on the development of customer facing brand communications, brand voice / collateral development, photography, etc.
o Defines and develop compelling brand promotions and experiential events that can be executed globally to drive revenue and PR buzz.
o Provides guidance in developing / nurturing brand partnerships that provide brand equity benefits and enhance the guest experience.
o Acts as a resource to regional and field marketing teams on the brand positioning, priorities and pull through of core proof pointsMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.