Posted January 3, 2021Marriott International
One of the overarching roles of Global Brand Management is to enhance the positioning and performance of brands within their competitive segments, and to ensure that Marriott International’s portfolio of brands provide maximum value to the enterprise. Each of Marriott International’s brands, or combination of brands, are managed by a designated leader and corresponding infrastructure. The Senior Vice President, Select Brands will provide executive brand leadership to the following portfolio of brands: Moxy, AC, Aloft, Element, Courtyard, Four Points, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Townplace Suites, and Protea.
This leader is accountable for defining, developing and executing the guest experience at all designated brands globally in a way that is consistent with each brands’ strategic business model and creates maximum profitability and enhances the long-term health of the brand. This experience spans from building brand preference for both customers and investors, to on-site product and service touch points and the global marketing of the brands. To enable this, the leader is responsible for: 1) establishing the brand strategy and multi-year planning across brands, 2) execution of the brand strategy through cross-functional/matrixed resources, 4) managing the business model & driving brand performance.
Education and Experience Preferred
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major; MBA
· 16+ years of relevant professional experience in brand management, marketing, or related function; demonstrated progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance OR
· 18+ years of relevant professional experience in a related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of exceptional performance
· Prior track record of “breakthrough” consumer brand development
· Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The SVP, Premium Brands, is accountable for overseeing the definition, development, and execution of the guest experience at all assigned brands globally in a way that is consistent with each brands’ strategic business model and creates maximum profitability. This experience spans from building brand preference for both customers and investors, to on-site product and service touch points for the brands. To enable this, this Senior Vice President leads the team who are directly responsible for developing and constantly enhancing the direction for the brands including:
Brand Strategy & Planning
· Anticipates and identifies strategic business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns and supports the overall growth strategy for the assigned portfolio.
· Leads brand teams across the assigned brand portfolio to advance new initiatives, products, and services (including evaluation of initiative impact, ROI, and sustainability).
o Participates with Global development and supports the on-strategy growth of the brands
o Ensures that the portfolio affiliation is pulled through elegantly and thoughtfully preserving the brand equity for each brand
o Collaborates with the Continent brand teams to pull through on the brand execution in product and service
o Engages and participates in the relevant forums outside of the industry to keep these brands in the consideration set of the target consumer
o Actively manage and participate in owner relationships to drive the brand objectives forward
· Establishes a strategic brand and operations business plan for each brand and brand extension within the assigned portfolio. Secures senior executive alignment, specifically the objectives, priorities, and support required to successfully execute.
· Leads the annual business planning process for the portfolio of brands, to include development and alignment of priority initiatives and securing the associated funding required.
· Provides executive leadership approval for project requests; accesses team and appropriate resources to spearhead projects, according to agreed upon governance structure; ensures brands garner funding for major capital projects. Oversees and approves the development of “solution”/project implementation plans and acts as escalation point for implementation challenges/decision points.
· Provides strategic guidance and partners with disciplines/market to set Brand Performance Scorecard targets. Reviews scorecard performance across assigned brand portfolio.
· Provides oversight to ensure the appropriate resources are applied to surface and analyze trends, identify root causes of issues, and make improvement recommendations and/or adjust targets as appropriate.
· Translates internal and external research and trends into actionable brand strategies. Analyzes data to frame up a business issu
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.