Posted December 31, 2020Marriott International
The Vice President, The Luxury Collection, is a key member of the Global Brand & Marketing organization and leadership team. He/she functions as the strategic guest experience and consumer marketing leader for the brand. This position will lead all aspects of brand positioning, target consumer definition, brand strategic direction, brand marketing strategy, and guest experience strategy and implementation. The role is responsible for driving commercial performance, brand health and guest satisfaction for the brand. He/She partners with the relevant teams across the MI organization to support development, owner relations, on strategy portfolio growth and on strategy design and construction of new hotels.
Education and Experience Preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Brand Strategy & Planning
· Defines overarching long-term strategy for the brand, including positioning, target consumer, competitive space and development growth objectives.
· Develops and executes annual brand plans across marketing and guest experience initiatives that drive towards the longer term strategic objectives of the brand.
· Partners/works with key organizations including operations, development, global marketing, public relations, sales, owner services, revenue management, digital and other functions to drive effective, on-brand execution and results requirements of the plan.
· Ensures that business model, positioning and core proof points are clearly articulated for the brand, understood by key stakeholders and scalable to drive system growth.
Brand Marketing Planning and Execution
· Develops, executes and refines visual ID, brand tone of voice, digital identity and content strategy
· Develops and ensures implementation of integrated global marketing plans, as well as programs to continue to successfully position the brand and achieve specific plan objectives and category leading awareness, prestige, RevPAR and market share premiums.
· Harnesses competitive and consumer insights to inform the business, marketing strategy and activities.
· Drives excellence across all marketing and communication activities, including; brand voice, marketing activation and guidelines, brand messaging, advertising, photography and guidelines, brand integration, public relations, brand experience partnerships, experiential marketing and events, website development, HWS, promotions, marketing innovation, key continental regional pull through strategies and tool content development.
· Creates solid creative briefs that logically tie to impactful consumer insights leading to best in class creative work from Marriott’s agency partners.
· Manages agency partners to deliver results on target, on budget, on time.
· Develops and manages luxury brand partnerships, aligning to core brand mission and with clear ROI measures
· Manages annual marketing program budgets and allocates budgets by program based on the marketing plan. Maintains tracking and reporting of key budget processes and reports throughout the year.
Brand Experience Planning and Execution
Support Growth of the Brand(s)
· Partners with development as needed to support immersing prospective new owners into the brand, its strategies and positioning.
· Works with development team to produce toolkits and resources, conducts owner brand immersions and site visits to support development in securing on-strategy projects for the brand.
· Provides opening support for all new hotels, coordinates with openings and regional teams to ensure all elements of the ‘opening countdown’ including opening countdown, training, etc. are executed on brand.
· Provide guidance to opening teams to ensure branded critical path document for openings and conversions are developed and maintained.
· Partners with Global Asset Management and Development to negotiate with owners to drive brand performance, securing commitment and investment to improve product quality, elevate staffing levels, refresh B&F concepts
· Drives the brand forward via new initiatives, products, and services (including evaluation of initiative impact, ROI, and sustainability).
Leading and Managing Teams
· Creates a synergistic leadership team and business environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation to consistently deliver positive business results.
· Hires, develops, and retains diverse luxury talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
· Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.