Posted January 3, 2021The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio hotel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
2. Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
3. Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
4. Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
5. Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
6. Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
7. Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is quickly becoming recognized as an architectural fixture of the Rosemary District located just steps from downtown Sarasota. The Sarasota Modern strives to create a series of ‘micro paradises’ that challenge the conventions in hospitality, and deliver perfectly curated living experiences that promote both internal and external discovery. Taking the lessons of early and late Modernism and adding the knowledge and aspirations of todays traveler gives guests The Sarasota Modern, where Design, Culture and Play collide. Inspired by our surrounding geography, we ensure that our guests are elevated by new and authentic experiences. The Sarasota Modern aspires The Modern Thinker. Someone who understands that design isn’t how it looks, but how it makes people feel. Someone who believes in the philosophy of less. Someone who enjoys high life. Enjoys real life. Never medium life.