Manages and assumes responsibility for all functions of Joella's Hot Chicken restaurant to ensure high quality products and customer service are delivered to maximize restaurant profitability. This is accomplished by being an effective self-sufficient leader, making quality decisions, and instilling pride and accountability in team members. Other responsibilities include the management of operations including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices with an emphasis on local Dept. of Health food safety practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality products to our customers by ensuring a system of quality with team members, consistently adhering to recipes and controlling production quantities which ensures each delivered product meets Joella's standards and accurately reflects the customer's order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customers concerns or issues exuding an "Attitude of Service". Solicit customer feedback, share feedback with team and use feedback to improve restaurant operations and build brand loyalty. Communicate, train and promote quality standards to team members by utilizing all available tools including Operations Manual and Team Member Handbook.
- Actively recruit customer focused team members, maintain adequate staffing levels according to projected sales, properly orient and train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, establish and communicate performance expectations and conduct timely and effective performance reviews. Document performance issues and take appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Effectively coach and develop team members to ensure entire team is aligned on quality and customer focused; builds an atmosphere of teamwork, energy and fun. Identifies, mentors and develops qualified staff for progressive leadership advancement and management opportunities.
- Manage sales goals against budget and prior year by providing prompt and friendly customer service; building check averages through team member training on products and suggestive sales practices and execution. Seek additional sales through traditional and non- traditional methods by executing creative local restaurant marketing, and stay abreast of local events to attend and introduce the Joella's Brand to gain new customer trials and creating a positive presence in the community. Seeks opportunities to identify and promote catering when interacting with customers in our dining rooms.
- Manage profit goals against budget and prior year; ensure food, labor and other controllable costs stay within budget, and correct deviations from the budget by accurately utilizing all Joella's systems. Develop and implement appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits. Execute administrative and cash management duties. Plan and manage adequate inventory levels using the restaurant's computerized inventory system to meet sales demands and minimize loss. Manage company's assets by ensuring the restaurant is clean, fully equipped and all equipment operates properly; ensure restaurant meets safety and security standards at all times; oversee preventative maintenance and repairs when necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Stable employment history
- Two years successful restaurant management or supervision experience with salary progression
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic accounting including invoice reconciliation, debit and credit review, financial statement analysis and intermediate computer skills.
- Cash management skills
Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to effectively achieve operational goals and objectives; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions. Effectively delegates projects and tasks: follows-up to accomplish end results.
Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities. Ability to receive constructive feedback and respond accordingly.
Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude. See's the big picture and asks, "what else can I do"?
Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to drive necessary change and meet goals. Efforts to exceed goals
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts and supports the corporate mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.