The Internal Auditor is responsible for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of Internal Control Policies and Procedures. Analyzes, performs compliance audits, tests of controls and operational audits as directed. Adheres to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures, state regulations, Bank Secrecy Act, and all other rules and regulations. Continuously monitors and reports to ensure compliance with the organization's approved internal control policies and procedures.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions. A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
- Provides exceptional guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates Hard Rock core values in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position's supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Analyzes and evaluates operational information and ensures that items follow Control Policies and Procedures, state regulations, Bank Secrecy Act, and any other regulations.
- Plans and performs audits for financial, Title 31, operational, compliance, regulatory requirements and special projects.
- Responsible for the implementation and training of effective Title 31 reporting.
- Designs and develops appropriate audit programs to meet requirements.
- Assesses and reports on compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Reports on the effectiveness of internal controls, audit findings and deficiencies identified to Audit Committee and General Manager directly.
- Evaluates the controls and effectiveness of information technology systems.
- Determines whether organization are performing their accounting and control activities in compliance with management instructions.
- Provides consultation to improve effectiveness of controls.
- Prepares audit findings to assist in the preparation of draft reports.
- Performs follow-up on responses to audit findings.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certification or ability to obtain certification, in auditing or accounting is highly desired.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Gaming knowledge helpful.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field and two years of professional-level auditing/accounting experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member's department.
- Have knowledge of the Property's programs to address problem gaming.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
Working Conditions/Essential Functions
Must have ability to:
- Use a computer keyboard, 10-key and calculator.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Accurately review and audit relevant information.
- Solve mathematically oriented problems
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.