Summary of Position:
The Guest Service Agent, GSA, is responsible for being an ambassador of the resort by providing friendly, efficient, and hospitable guest check-in and check-out service at the front desk. The Guest Service Agent also provides guests with information about resort, local, and statewide activities and attractions and seeks opportunities to create a memorable and quality experience for both guests and patrons alike.
• Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests.
• Check guests in/out through the Property Management System (Springer Miller).
• Assist Guests in all inquiries related to check in/out.
• Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to the business center functions, guest escorts, on property transportation, luggage storage and gift cards.
• Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
• Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
• Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
• Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
• Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary.
• Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice, providing thorough and complete information in response to guest inquiries and the individual needs of the guests. Resolve challenges quickly and efficiently.
• Arrange and confirm recreational, dining, and/or business activities inside and outside the resort.
• Answer telephone calls in a positive and clear voice within a timely manner. Agent is expected to listen carefully to callers to ensure calls are directed to the correct department or extension, and that all questions are answered.
• Act as a dispatcher for security, property operations, housekeeping and guest services teams. Provide information by two-way radio base stations and Microsoft Teams in response to guest requests and emergency challenges.
• Daily use of our guest facing text message tool (Zingle) to enhance the guest experience.
• Assist the Business center with package tracking and acceptance through the use of Track It Software.
• Answer the emergency line and listening to the challenge in detail. Responding to the challenge using appropriate procedures.
• Input and retrieve messages from the property computer system. Receive wake up calls and input into the wake-up system, verbally confirming with the guest the time of wake up. Answering basic inquiries. Input of do not disturb blocks on phone lines.
• Assist with basic guest billing inquiries to create a seamless experience for our guests.
• Create room availability reports for the property operations staff throughout the day.
• Keep detailed and accurate records of all guest interactions and requests through daily paperwork, log sheets and reservation notes.
• Delivery of guest mail and packages as necessary.
• Maintain desk resources including refilling brochure rack, making copies of fliers, and keeping desk generally neat and organized.
• Assist business center after hours by sending and receiving facsimiles, making photocopies, and performing basic computer functions.
• Continuously stay updated in the trends and activities of the tourism industry.
• Any other tasks, projects and/or duties assigned by the Front Office Management Team and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Customer service experience required, preferably hospitality industry front desk or concierge.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues
• Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions.
• Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
• Ability to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards.
• Positive Attitude.
• Behaves ethically.
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
The resort is conveniently located just six miles from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport, and features a variety of exciting amenities that put you in a world beyond, including:
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values.
Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards.
Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.