Offering sophisticated lakeside dining, Yacht Club Restaurant at Horseshoe Bay Resort features indoor and outdoor patio dining and an open-air lakeside venue for private events. As the Sous Chef, you make a direct impact on our guests and members by ensuring the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. This position requires hands-on culinary skills and the ability to lead the culinary staff and manage all food related functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food and Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Sets a positive example for guest and member relations.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters; responsible for guiding and developing the team.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations, and works collaboratively with other departments as needed.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Empowers associates to work towards common goals and encourages a team atmosphere.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations, including proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Brings issues to the attention of the Executive Chef and Human Resources as necessary.
• Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team towards accomplishing work objectives; previous Supervisory experience.
• Basic level of computer knowledge; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel; experience with Agilysys preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Long-term, Short-term, Life insurance
7 paid Holidays
Vacation and Personal time off
Associate-level access to *some resort amenities
Associate discounts on retail items
Associate discount at all Crescent Hotels and Resorts properties
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.