The Executive Assistant, Legal provides administrative support to legal executives and legal professionals (Vice Presidents, managing and staff attorneys) and serves as trained backup in the legal technology systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides typical professional-level administrative support including preparing and finalizing high level contracts, memoranda, legislation, presentations, PowerPoints, document comparisons, and document management functions. Coordinates and organizes detailed calendars, events, reports, agenda planning and creating presentations. Proofreads and corrects prepared documents; monitors electronic invoicing matters; copying, printing, scanning, assembling and comparing documents; including call, mail and guest handling. Tribal Court filings to support active caseloads, including acquiring working knowledge of Tribal court rules and procedures; travel and MCLE arrangements, expense reports and other tasks as required to support an in-house legal department in a confidential, professional manner.
2. Assists in the drafting and revision of legal documents in accordance with attorneys? requests and manages key projects for legal department including scheduling document revisions and other priority items.
3. Accurately files correspondence and legal documents in electronic document management system including contract management software program (Conga); supports corporate records retention and maintenance, including monitoring and ensuring compliance with requirements including litigation holds.
4. Tracks and organizing files for important case documents or transactions
5. Coordinates document filing, recording or publishing to effect the legal formation of entities (corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships):
6. Assists with the coordination and management of the departments? documents in accordance with established tools and resources; ensures compliance with internal document retention policy; ensures department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Responsible for inputting, retrieving and updating information using computerized or web-based databases.
8. Interacts via telephone, email or in person with internal and external business associates, tribal citizens and leaders, dignitaries and inter-agency and political contacts with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
9. Reviews and ensures accuracy of vendor invoices, including outside counsel invoices, prepares accurate check requests, and timely submit invoices for payment.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!