Posted April 7, 2021San Manuel Casino
The (temporary) Learning and Development Specialist (LDS) is a business partner supporting the leadership and management development, skills-based development, various learning projects, and organizational development initiatives to promote the training and enhancement of our most important asset, our talent! The LDS reports directly to the Learning & Development Manager and is responsible for the implementation, administration and operations of a comprehensive, team member learning experience to improve team member performance and ensure enterprise-wide productivity.The role of the (temporary) LDS requires a highly creative, motivated and resourceful individual to manage the duties encompassing the Learning and Development function. By taking a hands-on approach to all aspects of learning and development deployment from beginning to end, the LDS engages to provide input to the training strategy and development of specific training needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Coordinates and conducts effective training programs to maintain or improve team member job skills using appropriate industry best practices for content delivery. Optimizes training portfolio as specialized targeted courses are offered to managers and other team members. Develops alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen. Develops and delivers best practice process for administering training;
Training room scheduling, facilities set-up and catering
Manage and administer all materials for training classes
Communications - invitations, pre-work, reminders, follow-up, etc.
Greet instructors and ensure they are set-up to manage the class for the duration
Process class attendance, completion status, evaluations, etc.
2. Monitors, evaluates, and records training activities. Measures and records training effectiveness. Monitors best practice in the training area and introduces to enterprise. Maintains accurate and up-to-date annual training calendar (quarterly) and master course catalog, which includes adding, updating and retiring courses. Monitors and manages training costs and prepares budget reports to justify expenditures.
3. Assesses training needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and internal procedure requirements.
4. Coordinates training with external training programs and vendors. Oversees quality of delivered training sessions by external vendors.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, Business or related field required.
Minimum of three (3) years of solid customer service experience in a corporate environment as an internal practitioner/business partner providing Human Resources, Organizational Development or Training Services including; training design and delivery, and organizational development initiatives required.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
Mastery of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
CPLP Certification preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions Environment
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!