Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Technician III is responsible for training while on shift for the Floor Technicians, Slot Attendants and Slot Floor Supervisors. The Slot Technician III works closely with the Slot Lead Technicians to ensure slot products are operational and available for revenue generation. The Slot Technician III is required to perform advanced troubleshooting/repair on gaming machines, the communications systems that encompass them (network switches and slot accounting system), and on machine components, while complying with internal controls procedures for department and enterprise policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Works closely with Slot Lead Technicians to address work orders and repair games that are in a state of inoperability, in order to bring them back into service.
2. Troubleshoots gaming machines, ticketing system and slot accounting system; performs general maintenance tasks/repairs to gaming machines and related systems. Assists floor staff with any issues that may arise.
3. Performs advanced machine and component repair, including logic board repair as well as troubleshooting of player tracking and accounting system components.
4. Prepares games, checks part compatibility, and conducts functional testing. Programs game set-up options, as dictated by configuration worksheets, and performs testing for accuracy to ensure games perform within selected options; assumes responsibility for such accuracy.
5. Properly documents repair, preventive maintenance, machine prep, standard power analysis and pre-work site surveying. Reads and translates schematic diagrams as applicable to troubleshooting and planning. Compiles and reports information regarding trends, problems, and engineering issues to supervision. Follows documentation, policies and procedures, and performs tasks with limited supervision.
6. Completes department, enterprise-related documentation. Sends, and receives pertinent work emails in a professional manner.
7. Performs all job duties of the Slot Technician I and Slot Technician II positions as needed for assistance.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Degree or Certification in Electronics preferred.
Minimum one (1) year experience as Slot Technician required.
Must be trained and able to use diagnostic tools and equipment.
Understands basics of machine parts, harnessing, and cabinets of machines in use at casino.
Must continually develop technical skills associated the technical slot department operations; able to pass periodic technical examinations to determine abilities/skill levels.
Must be able to learn to read electronic schematics and color codes.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must be able to speak and write in English for required communication.
Must possess the physical capabilities to be able to carry machine keys, a radio, and log book on shift.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!