Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Technician II is responsible for providing quality service to guests in the slot area, responding to technical service calls, and helping keep the gaming floor clean and organized. The Slot Technician II is responsible for trouble shooting machines and performing general maintenance tasks and repairs, including electronic and mechanical component repair, in addition to responding to floor calls while on shift. The Slot Technician II may also be assigned to a specialized team such as; Chairs, Inventory, Preventative Maintenance and Projects, as needed. This position is also responsible for training new and current team members as designated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides quality service and responds to calls in a timely and respectful manner to all guests while maintaining professionalism at all times. Answers customer questions regarding different games offered and instructs customer on proper play of games. Assists in the identification and reporting of incidents of loitering, panhandling and unlawful activity. Maintains assigned work area (assigned sections) by actively roaming, listens and responds to radio requests, picking up and throwing away trash, pushing in chairs and looking for machine errors whether slots are vacant or being played.
2. Verifies machine claims and required information to determine outcome of claim; notifies supervisor when necessary. Assists Slot Technician I and Slot Attendants with escalated repair needs.
3. Troubleshoots, replaces, or repairs components (such as touch screens, bill acceptors, buttons, player tracking displays, card readers, etc.). Collaborates with Slot Technician III to ensure accurate tracking of games needing more advanced repairs.
4. Gains and maintains detailed knowledge of games offered at Casino. Assists in ensuring rules of play are followed. Complies with procedures in the Slot Technician Handbook. Completes Department and enterprise-related documentation as needed.
5. Follows Technician rotation and all of the duties therein in an orderly, timely manner. Maintains service presence in assigned section(s) to meet established service standards. Conducts emergency drops (e-drops) on machines in a timely manner when needed.
6. Conducts thorough training of new Slot Technician I and Slot Attendant team members. Reports any challenges or successes to management. Keeps current on new repair techniques and product to aid in training efforts.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Certification in Electronics or Networking preferred.
Minimum one (1) year experience as Slot Attendant preferred.
Understands basics of machine parts, harnessing, and cabinets of machines in use at casino.
Must have completed all basic training and have proficiency in Slot Technician I level skills and knowledge.
Must be able to pass periodic technical examinations to determine abilities/skill levels.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
Must be able to speak and write in English for required communication.
Must possess the physical capabilities to be able to carry machine keys, a radio, and notebook on shift.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!