Posted November 19, 2021Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
SummaryWith a focus on helping San Manuel Tribal families and citizens, the Tribal Wellness Educator provides a range of activities and programs within the department that are intended to have a positive effect on the health and well-being of the community. Reporting to the Director of Tribal Family Services, the Tribal Wellness Educator provides support and services that have been identified to meet the physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the Tribal Community while maintaining the strictest confidentiality in compliance with applicable law. The Tribal Wellness Educator supports and provides services to the Tribal Citizens, which may include; receiving and making calls to Tribal Citizens, providing resources, responding to crisis? and triaging their needs. This may also include providing wellness checks and/or providing case management, home visits, and meeting with citizens. The Tribal Wellness Educator works to assist in connecting and coordinating the community with private and public agencies to provide services through a referral network that is reputable, vetted and subject/service-appropriate. The Tribal Wellness Educator also engages in providing prevention/early intervention (PEI) services to the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintains positive and effective relationships with Tribal leaders, department heads, outside agencies, and the Tribal community at large.
2. Provide Tribal Citizens services and support, (i.e. making calls, answering outreach calls to coordinate resources, triaging care, and being available via on-call rotation). Aside from an on-call rotation, occasionally there will be triage calls outside of regular business hours that oftentimes require immediate attention. Flexibility is important as this role directly serves and supports Tribal Citizens.
3. Responsible for data collection, case notes and communicating regularly to his/her direct manager. Consistent with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI?s) values, mission, vision, offers general guidance, advocacy and well-documented referrals to effective services and programs that address the physical, mental and psychosocial needs of the community.
4. Secures relevant community needs and programming. Implements innovative prevention programs, as a resource to the Tribal Community. Researches and secures a vast network of reputable and vetted service providers from the public and private sectors. Follows up to ensure that services provided are appropriate and timely.
5. Ensures consistent application of all legal and regulatory requirements and complies with relevant laws and regulations; including, confidentiality via HIPAA and FERPA compliance, Tribal Citizen intake, referrals, progress monitoring. Completes administrative tasks as it relates to regulatory requirements and providing high quality service standards.
6. Responsible for making home and/or institution visits in case management, as required.
7. Coordinates with the Tribal Health Care Insurance administrator and providers, as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department, such as attending meetings, Tribal social events and events held in the greater community.
9. Other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions ? Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, is now named Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel. Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort will debut in December 2021 with the addition of a 17-floor hotel tower featuring 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!