Under the direction of the Director of Compliance, the Senior Data Analyst captures data covered under the Bank Secrecy Act from various sources within the San Manuel Enterprise to generate reports and tools to identity trends, monitor unusual activity, identify areas of risk and assess risk. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing, evaluating, forecasting, and reporting on various aspects of the Casino with respect to meeting the regulatory obligations of the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serves as primary point of contact for data analytic projects using SAS BI Tools, Teradata or other statistical products, as well as CAAT softwares (ACL, IDEA, Excel, Access). Partners with other members of Compliance, Casino, and IT to build, develop and execute data analytics. (This includes data analytic projects and continuous monitoring techniques executed with consistency and overall strategy of San Manuel Casino’s BSAAML program.)
2. Utilizes Data-Mining and Database mechanisms to obtain data, and organizes information to facilitate effective analysis and create analytical reports. Translates Casino Compliance needs by developing complex query statements and advanced database tools in order to draw insights from the enterprise’s data and highlight anomalies. Searches for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and explain the findings to people with varying backgrounds and understanding of data analysis. Independently identifies appropriate statistical techniques, data, and methods that will be used to address various questions. Navigates within technology environment to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis. Maintains detailed records documenting procedures and assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
3. Develops statistical tools to facilitate and improve data regression, manipulation, and analysis. Investigates and helps solve data quality issues, enabling accurate analysis.
Applies knowledge of activities through gaming systems to generate reports for analysis, and areas on which to concentrate Casino Compliance resources. Provides analysis and trending reports identifying risk areas or opportunities applying appropriate resources to base on assessment of risk. Identifies Macro trends in patron gaming, financing of gaming activity and the utilization of financial products and services. Develops hypotheses, strategies, visualizations, reports, and recommendations for various purposes. Provides and evaluates data to facilitate decision-making.
4. Stays abreast of changes to data architecture and sources new data for use in data analytics. Provides guidance and training to develop analytic capabilities of team members.
5. Completes special projects on various issues as needed.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or related field required.
Minimum of five (5) years of analytical experience required. Relevant Casino experience highly desirable.
Equivalent combination of progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required.
Experience in writing complex queries (SAS, SQL developer, ACL) and working with enterprise reporting tools is required.
Certification in SAS BI or equivalent preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Primary work environment is in a climate-controlled office setting.
Work requires travel to attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects and/or move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
Visual Acuity that best describes the requirements of the position: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection of employees, visitors or facility.
Mobility sufficient to safely move in an office environment, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and enter, exit and operate a motor vehicle in the course of travel to promotional events, meetings, conferences, trade shows and San Manuel properties.
Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!