Posted April 7, 2021San Manuel Casino
Under the guidance of the Horticulture Manager, the Floral and Interior Plant Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all indoor gardens and plants. The Floral & Interior Plant Supervisor partners with Department management to design and implement floral beautification throughout the property, and ensures floral arrangements are updated often and consistently maintained. The Floral & Interior Plant Supervisor provides guidance to the Interior Gardeners and Floral Designers, and oversees all aspects of special floral projects and requests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides guidance, training, and direction to Interior Gardeners and Floral Designers to ensure floral arrangements and indoor gardens are maintained to quality and aesthetic standards. Visually inspects all indoor gardens, plants, and floral arrangements daily to ensure conditions meet appearance standards. Ensures all designs meet quality and aesthetic standards, and meet or exceed guest expectations. Ensures daily/weekly routine tasks and schedules are being completed by assigned team members to maintain a clean and attractive indoor garden and floral arrangements.
2. Oversees various special projects and seasonal decoration, including plant and floral change-outs throughout the property.
3. Ensures all floral arrangements are within allocated budgets, and deadlines are met for requirements.
4. Provides professional leadership including planning, project management, scheduling, and purchasing and replacement of equipment.
5. Communicates important matters involving personnel and facilities to Horticulture management in a timely manner.
6. Maintains cleanliness and order in all public and common work areas. Inspects work areas to identify potential safety hazards. Follows all enterprise and Department safety policies and all job-specific policies and procedures.
7. Interviews and makes recommendations for selection of job applicants, appraises team member performance, conducts informal counseling on work issues, prepares documentation and improvement plans for deficiencies, and recommends performance recognition and disciplinary actions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!