Under the direction of the VP of Retail and Spa Operations and the Director of Spa Operations, the Training Manager is responsible for providing high-level leadership, training and development of San Manuel service standards, and for elevating the Spa and Retail teams' service to provide a best in class experience for guests. This role is responsible for developing team members' skills and tools by assessing needs, strategically planning, managing, and delivering trainings that both support enterprise initiatives, and support professional development. The Training Manager's responsibilities include enhancing team members' performance and productivity, and creating and overseeing new team members' onboarding programs for Retail and Spa Operations. The Training Manager also plays a role in ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops overall training plan to support guest experience efforts across San Manuel Retail and Spa Operations. Designs, implements and updates all training materials and programs related to guest experience standards, standard operating procedures and onboarding of new team members.
2. Creates and maintains an environment of trust and collaboration by encouraging team members to share feedback and make recommendations for improvement. Promotes a positive environment of achievement, recognition, and celebration.
3. Performs continual observations and inspections, and formally reports findings and makes recommendations for leadership assessments and continued training on:
Develops methods for evaluation of program effectiveness. Monitors and records training activities. Maintains a current and accurate understanding of Service Standards and guest service expectations, objectives, strategies and operational plans regarding service excellence. Maintains a current and accurate understanding of policies and procedures for ensuring and coordinating the proper execution of managing service performance systems, reporting, vendor communication and action planning.
4. Partners with Casino and Hotel leadership and team members for daily operations, planning and implementing processes, services, standard operating procedures, policies, and procedures to address service performance opportunities. Works closely with Retail and Spa Operations team to ensure continuous development and training of service programs in order to exceed team members' and guests' expectations.
5. Oversees compliance of state laws regarding spa, salon and pool health standards and proper training/certifications.
6. Responsible for reporting results from customer service surveys and responding to comments from guests. Provides input and feedback to all department leaders on level of service, performance and training provided by team.
7. Maintains innovative skills by attending seminars and training sessions with regard to new training ideas or philosophies, changes in service standards, policies and procedures, and/or changes in the casino/hospitality industry.
8. Prepares and processes forms and documents such as training schedules, service performance reports, action plans, travel requests, expense reports, purchase orders, work orders, and contracts, and follows-up with management on training and pending information or requests.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!