Under the guidance of the Manager of Facilities, the Assistant Manager of Facilities is responsible for maintaining the building maintenance operations and critical systems support to sustain a Best in Class Casino and Hotel. This position provides guidance to the building maintenance operations and critical systems support management, as well as, professional and support team members. The Assistant Manager of Facilities leads and manages the team to complete all duties and responsibilities set forth by San Manuel Casino and the Facilities Department. In this role it is crucial to be available 24/7 to ensure enterprise and Department needs are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leads and manages all maintenance fields and trades within Facilities Department (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, and Building Maintenance). Maintains an active role in planning and coordinating of projects and daily tasks assigned to team to include; assigning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring completion. Assists Manager of Facilities in creating and communicating team concepts to accomplish daily, weekly, and long-term functions/projects. Keeps the team updated on procedures, techniques, materials, equipment, etc.
2. Performs walk-throughs of all areas of responsibility after projects and assignments are completed. Ensures all equipment used by team members are in safe and proper working condition, and that proper safety equipment is being used, prior to a project’s start (hard hats, back braces, safety glasses, etc.), including proper safety precautions (caution tape, hazard signs, etc.). Monitors, responds to, and reports any critical systems operation alarm and/or alert (i.e. fire, power, central plant failures, etc.). Plays a part in Emergency Action Plan, Building Continuity Plan, and emergency drills as needed.
3. Works directly with Manager of Facilities to achieve Department goals and assignments, and stands-in during the absence of Manager of Facilities.
4. Completes performance evaluations for assigned team members and oversees performance evaluations completed by subordinate management team members. Responsible for hiring process (i.e. review resumes, interview candidates, propose starting salaries, etc.). Reviews and signs-off on disciplinary actions. Ensures all team members’ attendance and timesheets are updated by communicating all pertinent information to Department Payroll team. Assists team members with issues on schedules, time off, and attendance concerns.
5. Requests for vendors by providing scope of work, expectations, and timelines for project completion. Works closely with Department Administrative team and Procurement Department to ensure timely requests and processing of vendor quotes/proposals.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associates degree in related field preferred.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in Facilities maintenance management and operations preferred.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in Casino or Hospitality maintenance operational environment preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Word Perfect, Excel)
Must be able to read, understand, and explain blue prints and schematics.
Must understand the SDS (Safety Data Sheets) and be able to give safety instructions to team members.
Knowledge of emergency shut-off procedures for gas, water, electric, etc.
Must be able to follow safety guidelines when using required chemicals, equipment, tools, and techniques while performing job duties.
Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, alarm and fire systems.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!