The Carpenter is responsible for maintenance and restoration of the furnishings within San Manuel enterprise’s properties. The Carpenter performs duties ranging from fabricating, finish carpentry, framing, wall repair and faux painting. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Carpenter maintains a proactive and innovative approach to repairs and develops creative solutions to benefit the enterprise and present Best in Class workmanship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Refinishes, installs and repair various surfaces including but not limited to wood finishes, wall covering, and decorative metal and stone finishes. Conducts faux painting and color matching and mixing of paints to duplicate finishes. Repairs and installs all flooring types including ceramic, LVT, epoxy, hardwood flooring carpet and cove base.
2. Designs, fabricates and installs customized cabinets, furniture, fixtures, shelves and other special customized projects. Repairs furniture and performs other highly skilled finish work. Performs rough framing and performs repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry in compliance with building and fire codes. Performs repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound. Follows all health and safety regulatory practices during preparation, work, and cleanup.
3. Conducts routine inspections of all venues throughout facility to ensure appearance is up to standards, and makes repairs as need to various finishes and materials per venue.
4. Conducts wall repairs and installations such as wallcovering, vinyl wrap, painting, drywall, wall paneling, chair rail, and crown molding.
5. Removes and installs office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested. Customizes new and existing partitions and cubicles if needed.
6. Documents work performance, material usage, estimated repair time, and status using work order system. Works with various trades, vendors, general contractors, and sub-contractors in completing projects or tasks. Request necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum three (3) years of carpentry experience in building trade.
General knowledge and understanding of plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
Proficient knowledge of various materials, wood, melamine, acrylics, laminates, MDFs, etc. to identify supplies needed.
Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!