Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Lead Technician is responsible for maintaining a peak level of operability for all casino slot machines, and accountable for completing slot machine projects efficiently and accurately. The Slot Lead Technician is primarily responsible for reducing the number of machines out of service by keeping games functionally operable in an effort to maintain maximum machine revenue and operational performance. The Slot Lead Technician works on multiple projects simultaneously to their completion, while maintaining an efficient and goal-oriented focus. The Slot Lead Technician conducts training among the Technical team to ensure the transfer of knowledge and to prepare the team for future growth opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Keeps all gaming machines operating at acceptable levels, to include tasks such as:
a. General and advanced machine maintenance.
b. General and advanced troubleshooting of gaming machines, components and systems.
c. Advanced machine repair, including specialized component repair.
d. Diagnosis and repair of gaming machine systems communications (front and back end).
2. Works directly with Gaming Commission to install, repair, and investigate machine issues. Troubleshoots to restore faulting slot machine equipment to working order. This may include swapping failed equipment, cleaning and/or repairing faulting machine components (for guests and other technicians). Installs, removes, converts, performs preventive maintenance, prepares slot machines, sets options and repairs machines in an active slot floor environment.
3. Programs game set-up options, (as dictated by configuration worksheets), and performs testing for accuracy to ensure games perform within selected options; assuming responsibility for such accuracy. Issues currency used for conducting slot machine operation, trouble-shooting, accounting and compliance testing.
4. Assists with the development and execution of technical and service training. Trains new and current employees as directed by management. Assists with creation and implementation of department policies and procedures.5. Reads and writes reports and emails pertinent to Gaming Commission regulations. Follows documentation, policies and procedures, and performs tasks with limited supervision.6. Devises conversion instructions from configuration comparisons, leads conversion projects, and possesses a basic ability for planning and scheduling.7. Properly documents repair, preventive maintenance, machine prep, standard power analysis and pre-work site surveying. Reads and translates schematic diagrams as applicable to troubleshooting and planning. Reports trends, problems, and concerns of technical and service issues related to gaming machine and related systems.8. Continually develops technical skills associated with the technical Slot Department operations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High school diploma or GED required.
Associates Degree or above in electronics, networking or related field preferred.
Minimum two (2) years advanced slot technical experience required.
Strong technical verbal and written communication skills with the ability to simplify terminology that a non-technical end user and/or senior executive can understand.
Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to financial data.
Must be able to examine gaming machines and related problems, in order to determine and execute solutions in a time conscious manner.
Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Must work well as a team member; often times will be assigned as the designated team leader for projects.
Must possess good listening and sound reasoning skills to creatively solve problems that arise.
Needs to possess sound judgment and display a willingness to make timely decisions with as much supporting data as possible.
Must be able to write clearly and informatively in varying writing styles (memos, reports, e-mails).
Must be able to perform work duties within the safety guidelines of the company and perform repairs according to manufacture safety recommendations and/or requirements.
Must be able to test and repair electronic/mechanical equipment using various methods and equipment to diagnose and service such equipment.
Must demonstrate good teamwork skills and maintain a positive attitude while on shift.
Must be able to communicate and articulate ideas in English verbally and in writing.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!