Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Finance, the Vice President of Cage and Credit develops strategic plans and policies, directs and coordinates high volume activities, and manages the execution of tasks for various projects of the Cage Operations Department. This role oversees the ongoing Cage and Credit operations, and contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies. The Vice President of Cage and Credit uses enterprise knowledge and advanced skills to understand strategic value and relevance of concepts within the San Manuel enterprise, while prioritizing the safeguarding of assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops and implements results-driven strategic planning and execution by establishing department goals, objectives, and providing direction, guidance, and support to ensure the successful operation of the Cage Operations Department. Develops short term and long term strategic business plans that support enterprise initiatives for the Casino, enhances quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies, and employee productivity benchmarks. Directs and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
Supervises and partners with the Director of Cage and Credit on development and implementation of the strategic operations in the Cage and Credit Department.
2. Establishes and monitors the Credit team’s compliance with all regulatory and internal control policies and procedures. Leads a culture of responsibility for safety, quality, and guest confidentiality, while enforcing an industry-leading standard in product and service quality, and execution throughout all areas in accordance to SMC standards and expectations (while ensuring best in class scores for all inspections). Ultimately responsible for the development of sound and efficient operating procedures and reports in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations; providing for the security and accountability of casino assets.
3. Establishes process and strategy efficiencies in the casino credit process. Participates as a member of the Credit Committee and is responsible for setting, monitoring and collecting customer credit accounts, issuing credit and collection/credit debt.
4. Participates with other VP leaders in the formulation and execution of enterprise-wide projects and initiatives that adds value to the enterprise and differentiates the enterprise from the competition as an industry leader. Facilitates open communication and collaboration with cross-divisional teams; focusing on continuous improvement efforts in alignment with San Manuel goals and objectives; encourages teamwork within and outside of the department in order to create an exceptional guest experience and build a culture of teamwork, unity, and high performance. Leads the delivery and measurement of guest services consistent with the enterprise’s core service standards and brand attributes.
5. Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the enterprise’s competitive position. Maintains occupational knowledge and skills by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences.
6. Leads, directs and develops Cage Operations Department management. Drives results through staff professional development and appropriate training programs that monitor results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis. Works closely with department management and Human Resources to resolve employee conflicts.
7. Oversees the team’s knowledge of fraud prevention and credit frauds. Maintains training and certifications applicable to the Cage Operations team members and ensures all training, regulatory, inventory, and team member documentation is complete and up to date. Provides technical guidance and assists with various projects as assigned.
8. Responsible for credit making decisions that are in accordance with casino policy. Participates in external audits, internal audits and other oversight activities. Ultimately responsible for compliance with applicable federal, state, and tribal regulatory and gaming internal control standards, including the effective implementation of all Title 31 and anti-money laundering regulatory requirements such as currency transaction reporting, suspicious activity reporting, and “know your customer” requirements.
9. Oversees guest service standards, which are consistent with the enterprise's standards and brand attributes, responds to and resolves guest and/or team member complaints in a timely manner, and creatively resolves issues with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and determine best practice solutions in order to prevent future potential difficulties.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
A qualified candidate must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!