Reporting to the Facilities Director, the CAD Technician is responsible for performing fieldwork, documentation, research and drafting tasks for San Manuel Casino, vendors, and other departments, as requested. The CAD Technician creates blueprints (electrical, mechanical, and structural), schematics, and assists in building projects for all departments within the San Manuel Casino, in addition to analyzing information available to determine and plan best approaches to develop and complete drawings. The individual selected for this role is expected to assist in championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyze blueprints, including floor plans, elevations, sections, detail schedules, etc.
2. Update architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system drawings, such as floor plan layouts, electrical lighting and power drawings along with updated panel schedules.
3. Collaborate with building inspector and Fire Marshall to obtain approval on proposed blueprints.
4. Coordinate with architects, engineering design groups, Project Development and outside contractors, as well asperforming fieldwork with vendors or departments for building projects.
5. Work with Gaming Commission to store and secure an Iron Key system.
6. Analyze information available to determine and plan best approach to develop and complete drawings.
7. Redesign blueprints or drawings according to markups and/or specifications stemming from sketches, notes, details, and/or verbal instructions.
8. Input data from multiple sources to update AutoCAD blueprints reflecting changes made by any/all departments.
9. Store, maintain, and modify documents in blueprint room.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!