Under the direction of the Director of Cultural Resources Management (CRM), the Cultural Resources Technician assists in the organization and execution of a comprehensive heritage stewardship program that seeks to facilitate the culturally appropriate management of Serrano cultural resources and landscapes and expand tribal sovereignty in a multitude of ways. This role assists with the Tribe’s regulatory consultation and interpretive outreach efforts with external partners as they relate to the preservation and promotion of significant cultural spaces across Serrano ancestral territory.
Additionally, the Cultural Resources Technician assists with the implementation of a cultural site stewardship program for resources on land held by the Tribe, which includes partaking in construction monitoring, field survey, and resource recordation. The Cultural Resources Technician is also expected to assist with various data management efforts, such as archaeological/archival collections processing and digital GIS/reference library data entry. All duties for the Cultural Resources Technician contribute towards the CRM Department’s objective to build capacity within the Tribal community regarding heritage stewardship in a way that gives preeminence to the Tribe’s vision, mission, values, and cultural imperatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists with the CRM Department’s site stewardship efforts by conducting pre-construction cultural resources training both on and off reservation, conducting Phase I cultural investigations, monitoring Tribal construction projects, recording new resources, updating documentation for previously recording resources, and performing any other field-related duties as the need arises.
2. Assists the CRM Department with research and product creation related to interpretive projects and outreach efforts geared toward the Tribal community, Tribal employees, external partners, and the general-public.
3. Assists the CRM Department with internal projects geared toward improving the efficiency and organization of the CRM program, to include GIS/reference library-based data entry, archaeological/archival collections processing, document imaging, and large-scale data migration efforts.
4. Assists with the CRM Department’s regulatory efforts by providing timely responses to project scoping requests from government agencies and cultural/environmental firms regarding proposed Federal, State, and local-level infrastructure development within Serrano ancestral territory.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the CRM Department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!