The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a wide range of office support activities for the Food & Beverage department managers, supervisors and support staff to facilitate the efficient operation of the department. Projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction, the Administrative Assistant job duties will include general clerical, reception and project based work.The position enhances both team?s effectiveness through the execution of a variety of essential administrative duties requiring sensitivity, initiative and independent judgment. The Administrative Assistant supports all team?s priorities, facilitating the development of relevant policies and actions. The Administrative Assistant must use independent judgment and initiative in the planning, organization and performance of confidential and time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists with payroll responsibilities, which include entering codes, weekly review of hours, worked and ensuring employees are paid correctly.
2. Assists department management staff with general administrative tasks such as record keeping, copying, filing, organizing, scheduling, developing documents, answering and directing phones. Procures all trade supplies, and capital expenditures for the entire department, petty cash transactions and reimbursements.
3. Maintains all information entered into department databases, including employee contact information, corrective action, guest complaints, daily sales, variances, leaves of absence, and complimentary meal reporting.
4. Carries out day-to-day office administrative functions; ensures that all records and files are maintained and held securely and that the confidentiality of information is upheld.
5. Arranges and assists in planned meetings; prepares summaries of meetings and conferences, as needed or directed.
6. Controls asset tracking, including verification and disposition of assets.
7. Organizes and maintains executive files and other confidential records and databases through document retention systems, to prepare the department for internal and external audits.
8. Acts as a liaison for any visitors to the Food & Beverage office, contacts the party and escorts them to their location.
9. Monitors TB test and Food Handler Card renewals and notifications for the entire department.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum of two (2) years related administrative experience required.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
Demonstrative experience working in a highly professional, multi-tasking environment and possessing outstanding interpersonal skills is mandatory.
Polished and professional demeanor in person, online and via phone with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong spelling and grammatical skills.
Demonstrated maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion with privileged information.
Above average clerical, typing and organizational skills is required.
Must be detail-orientated and able to work independently.
Must maintain a professional appearance.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card and negative TB test.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!