Under the general guidance of the VP Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Strategic Transactions, the Managing Attorney ? Transactional Law (i) provides legal advice to the enterprise and (ii) supervises, mentors and coordinates the work of Sr Staff and/or Staff Attorneys as delegated. The Managing Attorney ? Transactional Law will assume responsibility for key projects and functions within his or her Areas of Practice (as defined below) and coordinate and manage his or her inputs with those of other legal department members and outside counsel. The Managing Attorney ? Transactional Law will provide recommendations on attaining enterprise goals while minimizing legal and financial exposure. Meaningful experience in four or more of the following substantive legal areas is preferable: general commercial contracts, complex transactions, construction contracts, finance, fund investments, mergers and acquisitions, trademarks, soft intellectual property/licensing, information technology, corporate governance, procurement, compliance, real estate, and risk management (collectively, the ?Areas of Practice?).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operates autonomously in managing delegated key projects and functions within his or her Areas of Practice, including supervising and assigning work to and managing Senior Staff and/or Staff Attorneys and outside counsel as assigned.
2. Reviews, negotiates, analyzes, and drafts agreements.
3. Assists in counseling all levels of management and staff in diverse issues related to government and business operations in Areas of Practice.
4. Provides support for complex commercial transactions and relationships including start-up enterprises, joint ventures, investments, acquisitions and divestitures.
5. Leads due diligence efforts, under the direction of an Associate General Counsel, in complex transactions and in making strategic and tactical decisions with respect thereto.
6. Prepares legal documents related to legal entities including organizational/charter documents and agreements, resolutions, and meeting minutes.
7. Provides recommendations to attain enterprise goals while minimizing legal/financial exposure.
8. Advises on governance and compliance issues within Areas of Practice.
9. Assures best practices and timely updates to address emerging legal and business issues related to tribal government and its business enterprises. Analyzes and drafts tribal laws, regulations, and policies.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department including with respect to training and development of Senior Staff and/or Staff Attorneys.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!