Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides excellent customer service and presents and conducts his/herself in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a high level of respect for guests, co-workers, management, and San Manuel. Provides orderly and positive working environment, with emphasis on open communication. Responds to initial Cage team member concerns.
2. Ensures and oversees prompt and accurate processing of Cage Operations payroll duties for all Cage team members. Prepares staffing schedules for Administrative Assistants. Approves days off, vacations and personal days. Follows-up with paperwork to management. Monitors overtime, excessive tardiness/absenteeism of the Cage Operations Cashiers. Sends Cashiers home early when justifiable to offset overtime. Oversees inventory of Department supplies and forms. This includes purchasing, tracking, and issuing supplies and forms.
3. Ensures Cage Operations Access database is accurate for the purposes of tracking variances, attendance points, and exceptions for all Cage team members. Facilitates corrective actions and provides regular reports to Department management and other appropriate parties.
4. Coordinates with HR and IT to ensure successful onboarding of new hires into Cage Operations Department. This includes overseeing orientations, pre-training, and creating new hire training schedules. Completes documentation for tracking new hires training progress and provides regular feedback for each new hire. Creates training classes and/or manuals to ensure each new hire receives quality training.
5. Assists with creating new policies, policy revisions and effectively implements new policies/policy revisions through various training methods and communications. Facilitates and tracks required continuous trainings for all Cage Operations personnel. This includes creating presentations and/or training manuals, creating training schedules, tracking individual completions, and providing progress reports to Department management and other appropriate personnel.
6. Prepares and conducts team member meetings. Schedules and conducts monthly one-on-one meetings with direct reports. Prepares bi-annual performance evaluations and reviews. Approves and makes recommendations for team member evaluations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum three (3) months management or supervisory experience and/or training in direct supervision of fifteen or more employees, payroll processing, training, cash control and protection of assets.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Workday or other timekeeping software, and Lawson or other purchasing software preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!