Under the direction of the Cage Operations Manager, the Cage Operations Technician Supervisor is responsible for supervising and guiding the Cage Operations Technicians. The Cage Operations Technician Supervisor carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Organizes and oversees completion of electronic and mechanical repairs; response to floor calls and completion of multi-function kiosk customer claims. Organizes and oversees rebuilding, repairing, and replacement of multi-function kiosk hardware and software components. Organizes and oversees repairs of all electrical and mechanical components of required equipment. Responsible for software updates, and makes adjustments to internal settings on multi-function kiosks.
2. Complies with Cage Operations internal controls, enterprise and Departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for reading and generating reports pertaining to Gaming Commission regulations. Ensures internal controls are followed on the multi-function kiosks and follows notification protocol to access ports and software. Investigates and generates reports on the malfunction of kiosks. Summarizes results of investigations and technical actions taken on overage/shortage caused by a malfunction.
Maintains security and accountability of enterprise funds and all assets associated with multi-function kiosk, ATM machines and bank issues.
3. Coordinates with various internal departments on relocation/removal of multi-functional kiosks, ATM machines, bank issues and other equipment used by Department. Assists vendors in organizing installation and maintenance on multi-function kiosks, ATM machines, currency counters, banks issues, and other equipment used by the Department. Assists in organizing monitoring, maintaining, and implementing network connectivity on multi-function kiosks and ATM machines. Provides excellent Customer Service and presents and conducts his/herself in a professional manner at all times; maintaining a high level of respect for guests, co-workers, management, and San Manuel. Provides an orderly and positive working environment, with emphasis on open communication. Attends and respond to initial customer concerns.
4. Reports trends, problems, and concerns about technical and service issues. Oversees creation of proper documentation and preparation of parts for repair; identifies components and parts that require vendor repair. Maintains monthly inventory on parts and supplies.
5. Coordinates training of Department team members on basic maintenance and operating instructions for multi-function kiosks, ATM machines, currency counters, bank issues and other Department equipment. Prepares team member schedules for Cage Technicians. Approves days off, vacations and personal days. Follows-up with paperwork to Management. Monitors overtime, excessive tardiness/absenteeism of the Cage Technician. Sends Technicians home early when justifiable, so as to offset overtime.
6. Coordinates with vendors for maintenance of multi-function kiosks and other enterprise-owned machinery/equipment. Operates all computer-related equipment as well as a ten-key adding machine.
7. Prepares and conducts team member meetings. Schedules and conducts monthly one-on-one meetings with direct reports. Prepares bi-annual performance evaluations and reviews. Approves and makes recommendations for assigned team member evaluations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum three (3) months management or supervisory experience and/or training in direct supervision of fifteen or more employees, Kiosks, ATM or Slot Technician or related technical experience.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!