Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leads and manages Equipment Room team, Equipment Mechanic, and Key Control/Locksmith team. Maintains an active role in planning and coordinating of projects and tasks assigned to team; to include assigning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring completion of tasks. Guides, prioritizes and assigns Equipment Room Technicians daily, weekly, and long-term tasks and projects. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
2. Maintains updated log and tracking system of all Department assets and equipment. Plans layout of Department storage cages considering usage and size of items stored. Maintains updated inventory log on all supplies and tools to include par levels and usage, and completes physical inventory on first of every month for all products stored throughout the facility. Ensures adequate stock on hand for designated inventory based on predetermined stock levels; communicates changes in turnover to department. Ensures all incoming shipments are promptly received and stored properly.
3. Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs on all Department equipment and tracks costs. Assists Department management with evaluating and selecting equipment to meet Department needs, and ensures all equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
4. Responsible and accountable for financial integrity for purchases of tools, equipment and supplies. (i. e. budget forecasting/planning, reviewing transactions, budget tracking, etc.). Provides recommendations to management on tools, equipment, and supplies for purchase and budget.
5. Processes requisitions to ensure proper inventory levels in tool rooms and supply cages. Works closely with Department Administrative team and Procurement Department to ensure timely requests and processing of vendor quotes/proposals.
6. Completes performance evaluations for assigned team members and oversees performance evaluations completed by subordinate management team members. Responsible for hiring process (i.e. review resumes, interview candidates, propose starting salaries, etc.). Reviews and signs-off on disciplinary actions.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!