Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Monitors direction of Audit management group and assists in overseeing audit function of Accounting to ensure day-to-day operations of revenue cycle is audited and analyzed. (Audit/fraud analysis areas include, but are not limited to: slots, table games, hotel, food and beverage, entertainment, retail and other revenue/audit functions.)
2. Assists with evaluating existing daily audit and accounting/auditing procedures and is proactive in improving both efficiency and quality of Accounting/Audit function. Assists with preparation of audit policies and procedures, which provide strong internal Accounting controls and are compliant with National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS). Evaluates and analyzes revenue data. Reconciles cash discrepancies by researching and correcting variance problems.
3. Assists with preparation of performance reports for management including revenue and compliance reports for all gaming areas. Acts as main point of contact with external auditors, internal auditors/Gaming Commission and regulators to respond to schedule requests related to operations. Additionally, assists with investigation of exceptions cited and coordinates management responses.
4. Assists with ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of revenue journals within deadlines set by upper management.
5. Oversees coaching and mentoring of Audit management group and Audit staff to implement goals and objectives for each year.
6. Assists Controller of Operations in managing any new or significant projects through project life cycle within set timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, other Casino departments, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Assists Controller of Operations in implementing new accounting software and upgrades to accounting and other gaming related software.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!