Under the direction of the Training Manager, the Training Specialist is responsible for the administration, coordination, and execution of training for the Facilities & EVS Departments. The Training Specialist conducts new hire hands-on training for front line team members. This position ensures existing team members are up-to-date on guidelines, policies, procedures, Standard Operating Guidelines, work methods, and new product training. The Training Specialist also trains all aspects of health and safety compliance, as well as high level customer service to maintain a best in class service and facility for our guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops, coordinates, and conducts effective training programs to maintain or improve team member job skills using appropriate industry best practices for content delivery. Facilitates learning via classes, workshops, hands-on-coaching, and mentoring. Develops and delivers a best practice process for administering training including; training room scheduling, facilities set-up and catering, manage and administer all materials for training classes, communications - invitations, pre-work, reminders, follow-up, class attendance processing, completion status and evaluations. Conducts on-the-job and classroom training on enterprise, departmental, functional and job-specific policies/procedures.
2. Maintains and updates individual and Departmental training records and files. Tracks metrics regarding attendance, satisfaction, effectiveness and use of training.
3. Develops alternate training methods if expected improvements are not met. Identifies and evaluate external sources of training materials and courses. Stays current on all existing and new chemicals and their application techniques including SDS (Safety Data Sheets), new work techniques, department equipment and their recommended uses.
4. Conducts new hire orientation for all new Facilities & EVS Departments’ team members. This includes classroom training as well as follow-up to verify job proficiency and answer questions.
5. Assists in the review and update of departmental training manuals. Maintains ongoing development of general training instructions, checklists, and visual aids. Makes recommendations for improvements and/or changes to training materials, courses, etc.
Helps ensure policy and procedure compliance with continuous training and refresher training of all Facilities & EVS team members.
6. Follows-up with new team members regularly. Attends meetings and seminars to obtain information useful for training.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!