Under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage Operations, the Training Manager of Food & Beverage is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all training activities for the Department, including required training and specialized training as specific to the Department and its respective venues. The Training Manager is responsible for developing training programs aimed to strengthen team members’ and management’s existing skills, and to teach new skills to elevate performance and support professional growth. The Food & Beverage Training Manager is also responsible for assessing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating team member training programs, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serves as the F&B Service Ambassador for all job titles and provides all Guest Service Training to F&B team members. Creates and implements a formalized learning and training curriculum to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity with an emphasis on exceptional customer service to include facilitation of learning via classes, workshops, hands-on coaching, mentoring, and coordination of peer training, including respective administrative duties, (to ensure course attendance). Maintains an ongoing development of general training instructions, checklists, and visual aids. Maintains and updates individual and departmental training records and files. Develops updates and maintains individual and departmental electronic training records and files as it relates to training attendance. Maintains all Food Handler Card notifications and renewal dates, ensuring that both are kept current for all Food & Beverage team members.
2. Plans, staffs, organizes, directs and controls all training for the department, to include safety & loss prevention, and chemical safety/hazards- pictograms. Helps ensure policy and procedure compliance with continuous training for all Food & Beverage Department team members. Conducts new team member orientation for all new Food & Beverage Department employee hires. This includes classroom training as well as following-up on a regularly planned schedule to answer team member questions and verify their job proficiency; this includes testing employees (which could lead to further training or retraining of existing personnel).
3. Communicates regularly via written and verbal methods, with Food & Beverage management for updates on current and pending projects; this includes weekly written report documentation. Occasionally, may be called upon to take on a supervisory role of an F&B venue as required. Other special assignments may be allocated.
4. Maintains cutting-edge skills by attending seminars and training sessions with regard to new training ideas or philosophies, changes in the Food & Beverage Department or company policy and procedures, and/or changes in the food & beverage/hospitality industry. Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure all training databases are maintained.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!