Under the direction of the VIP Services Manager, the VIP Services Shift Manager is responsible for the overall supervision of the department’s frontline staff and their responsibilities pertaining to exceptional guest service, hotel and restaurant reservations, support for the Player Development staff, and reaching and/or exceeding department goals. The VIP Services Shift Manager oversees the training of Supervisors, as well as provides constant feedback, consultation and guidance to Supervisors to ensure efficiency and productivity. They also assist and direct Supervisors in the overall operation of the department including, planning and monitoring of all VIP Services activities that compliment company goals while driving exceptional service standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the direct supervision of the VIP Services Supervisors and all front line employees for the overall responsibilities of the VIP Services. Management of day-to-day operations to support a 24/7 department, to include scheduling, daily schedules, assigning special assignments when needed to ensure efficient functions of the department. Communicates information and directives to Supervisors and frontline staff and ensure implementation at all levels.
2. Ensures thorough understanding and full compliance with all VIP Services policies and procedures. Ensures gaming operating procedures are being followed and provides guidance and training to department personnel on operations.
3. Provide plans, coordination and monitoring of all activities and development related to guest communication, ensuring goals are achieved.
4. Oversees guest/team member relationships on the casino floor for internal and external guests. Resolves guest issues or situations on the casino floor to ensure excellent service and resolution of problems. Maintains confidentiality of all guests and team member information all times.
5. Provides constant feedback, coaching and disciplinary action to Supervisors to guarantee excellence in guest service standards established by SMC. Ensures consistency in regards to team member conduct, warnings and procedures. Oversees and approves all disciplinary actions issued by Supervisors to all other VIP Services team members.
6. Communicates all promotions, offers, specials, discounts and changes to staff ensuring they are very knowledgeable of all details of these throughout the casino property.
7. Monitors overall performance of Supervisors and frontline staff in meeting and/or exceeding service expectations and Enterprise goals, mystery shops and performance rating scores. Prepares performance evaluations for Supervisors and oversees the performance evaluations of all other VIP Services team members.
8. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!