Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of EVS, the EVS (Environmental Services) Manager is responsible for maintaining the health and safety standards for the San Manuel Casino (SMC). This position provides guidance to EVS management and non-management team members. The EVS Manager is responsible for leading and managing their team to complete all goals and missions set forth by the SMC and the EVS Department, ensuring a best in class culture for maintenance of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees the maintaining of all EVS duties and responsibilities in the Casino, to include the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of all surfaces. Ensures all Health Department and San Manuel health and safety guidelines and protocols are maintained at all times.
2. Completes performance reviews for assigned team members and oversees performance reviews completed by subordinate management team members. Reviews and signs-off on disciplinary actions.
3. Works with other departments to coordinate and schedule detail cleaning and disinfecting of their respective areas
4. Responsible and accountable for the financial integrity of the EVS division (i.e. budget forecasting/planning, review transactions, budget tracking, etc.).
5. Reviews, amends and creates policies and procedures as needed. Ensures all team members are up-to-date on enterprise and Department policies and procedures.
6. Collaborates with the Union regarding communication/consultation, following proper procedures, addressing grievance issues, and following-up as needed.
7. Responsible for the EVS interview process (i.e. reviews resumes, interviews candidates, proposes starting salaries, etc.).
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!