Under the guidance of the Manager of EVS, the Assistant Manager of EVS (Environmental Services) is responsible for maintaining the health and safety cleaning and sanitation standards for the San Manuel Casino (SMC). This position provides guidance to EVS management and non-management team members. The Assistant Manager of EVS is responsible for leading and managing their team to complete all goals and missions set forth by the SMC and the EVS Department, ensuring a best in class culture for maintenance of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees the maintaining of all EVS duties and responsibilities in the Casino, to include the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of all surfaces. Ensures all Health Department and San Manuel health and safety guidelines and protocols are maintained at all times.
2. Manages, leads, and provides support to EVS supervisors, while utilizing management where most effective. Implements sound management concepts and practices.
3. Assists EVS Manager in creating and communicating a team concept to accomplish daily, weekly, and long-term functions in the EVS Scope of Responsibilities. Keeps the team updated on procedures, techniques, materials, equipment, etc.
4. Performs walk-throughs of all areas of responsibility after projects and assignments are completed. Ensures all equipment used by team members are in safe and proper working condition, and that proper safety equipment is being used, prior to a project’s start (i.e. hard hats, back braces, safety glasses, etc.), including proper safety precautions (i.e. caution tape, hazard signs, etc.).
5. Works directly with the EVS Manager to achieve Department goals and assignments, and stands-in during absence of EVS Manager.
6. Interacts with guests by answering questions, providing information, greeting guests, and assisting whenever possible. Assists team wherever needed to complete shift functions, (i.e. perform essential duties listed under the EVS supervisor, team leader, and team member job descriptions).
7. Ensures that all team members’ attendance and timesheets are updated by communicating all pertinent information to Department payroll team. Assists team members with issues involving schedules, time off, and any other attendance concerns.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!