Under the direction of the Slot Relief Floor Manager, the Slot Floor Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating resources on the floor to ensure the highest quality service is provided to guests. The Slot Floor Supervisor promotes internal and external guest satisfaction during an assigned shift, by ensuring excellent service in their area of responsibility, coordinating department resources and partnering with other departments. The Slot Floor Supervisor provides timely and effective resolution to guest complaints and routinely observes and evaluates staff service standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees assigned zone(s) of gaming machines with staffing levels of up to 50 employees at a time. Monitors and coordinates activities of Slot Department team members, and responds to and follows-up on guest requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner. Promotes compliance toward(s) all applicable rules and regulations including, but not limited to, Gaming Commission Regulations, Slot Standard Operating Procedures, General Administration Policies and Procedures, Title 31 Bank Secrecy Act, and company handbook.
2. Maintains working knowledge of slot processes, systems, policies and procedures, and department service standards, with the responsibility of helping to maintain an optimal level of slot machines in operation for maximizing revenue within their specific area.
3. Maintains working knowledge of electronic gaming machines, slot accounting system, slot ticketing system, and servicing dispatching system, and applies respective knowledge in order to maximize slot revenue and promote enterprise strategy of service excellence. Reports any related systems concerns to upper management.
4. Communicates regularly in the form of advisory meetings, coaching and counseling meetings with staff, trainings, and reporting of system issues.
5. Resolves conflicts involving employees or customers while maintaining a professional environment and promoting department and enterprise goals. Properly documents any related issues for upper management. Investigates customer claims and gaming disputes related to slot machines at the floor level. Utilizes various resources such as surveillance, slot recall data and slot systems to make proper determinations when resolving claims and disputes.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Minimum two (2) year casino industry experience required, slot experience preferred.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Must possess an understanding of slot operations and its relation to the organization as a whole.
Must be able to deal effectively with customers in a courteous and professional manner, commanding positive results.
Must be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing in English; bi-lingual preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
State of California Key Employee license required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!