Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Sourcing Specialist is responsible for procurement of goods and services in addition to ongoing category management and supplier performance management that requires a moderate degree of experience, knowledge, and professionalism. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for a spend portfolio of goods and services required for successful Casino and Tribal operations. Activities include creating spend analysis, RFI/RFP/RFQ cycles, supplier negotiations, trade and professional/personal services contracting and driving supplier performance management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Represent Procurement Services in the development of RFI/RFP/RFQ packages for enterprise-wide needs, supplier assessment criteria and selection.
2. Solicit bids and proposals, conduct pre-bid meetings, evaluate and analyze supplier responses (including complex supplier proposals), negotiate and contract with selected suppliers as appropriate. Arrange and conduct job walks, pre-bid or proposal conferences, vendor demonstrations and/or interviews for products or services.
3. Uphold sourcing strategies based on product/service volume and spend, departmental needs and expiring contracts. Generate category spend reports, supplier score cards and coordinate/conduct supplier business reviews on behalf of San Manuel as needed. Processes all Procurement transactions in compliance with established laws, ordinances, policies and ethical principles.
4. Assist end users with the development of specifications to ensure product and service needs are well-defined and quality standards are met.
5. Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities, building a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality.
6. Arrange and conduct job walks, pre-bid or proposal conferences, vendor demonstrations and/or interviews for products or services. Prepare bid summarizations and make recommendations to upper management
7. Collaborate with Logistics and AP to eliminate inefficiencies in the supply chain, reducing total costs, and increasing productivity. Work with user departments- as well as vendors and manufacturers to consolidate product lines and obtain contracted pricing, allowances and rebates.
8. Build and maintain vendor relationships in order to gather feedback, understand issues, recognize opportunities, and influence category strategies.
9. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!