Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Senior Sourcing Specialist position is responsible for the negotiation aspect of the IT procurement and ongoing IT category management and supplier performance management that require a high degree of experience, knowledge, and professionalism. The IT Sourcing Specialist is responsible for category management for the IT spend portfolio including, but not limited to: hardware, software, and professional services in support of their assigned Business Partner vertical’s IT needs. Activities include participating in RFI/RFP/RFQ cycles, completing supplier negotiations, periodically soliciting Business Partner and Business Requirement Management (BRM) input on supplier performance, developing supplier scorecards with Operations input and driving supplier performance management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Solicits bids and proposals, conducts pre-bid meetings and/or job walks, evaluates and analyzes supplier responses (including complex supplier proposals), negotiates and makes award recommendations to Business Partners and BRM for supplier selection.
2. Partner with BRM and Business Partners in developing and maintaining IT sourcing strategies from discovery through contracting ensuring fairness and objectivity throughout the entire process.
3. Represent Sourcing & Procurement in the development of RFI/RFP/RFQ package for IT/Business Partner needs, supplier assessment criteria and supplier selection, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
4. Build and maintain vendor/contractor relationships with the objectives of eliminating inefficiencies in the supply chain, reducing total costs, and increasing productivity.
5. Reconciles purchase orders, investigates any discrepancies, ensures corrections and/or credits are made with the vendor and/or Accounts Payable.
6. Drive collaborative relationships in order to gather feedback, understand issues, recognize opportunities, and influence category strategies.
7. Negotiates adjustments with vendors involving replacement of equipment or goods not conforming to purchase specifications, cancellations/terminations of contract and/or purchase orders.
8. Work with IT and Business Partners to collect feedback, understand risk and issues for in-flight projects
9. Generate category spend reports, supplier score cards and coordinate/conduct supplier business reviews on behalf of San Manuel as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!