Posted January 8, 2021JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar
Functions as the strategic business leader of Market Strategy for a cluster of properties. Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated with rooms and function space in cluster properties. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory management of transient, group and catering in a given cluster. Oversees all the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, inventory management and opportunity analysis. Works with the sales strategy team to develop the hotel(s)’ sales strategy and ensure implementation. Identifies future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates strategies to the sales organization.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Translates or explains what information means and how it can be used.
• Evaluates effectiveness of property participation in electronic sales channels.
• Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a continuous basis.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Works with Market VP, Market GM and GM’s to assist in pricing analyses for all products in Market cluster.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Works closely with Sales and Marketing for business opportunities, aims to increase profitability of the organization.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Develops the Business Outlook Strategy.
• Determines sales strategies and communicates to market sales leadership, marketing communications teams and property leadership.
• Establishes and maintains effective and rational pricing strategies for rooms and function space.
• Develops and executes the hotel(s) strategic plan(s).
• Oversees the annual pricing process for transient, group and catering rooms, function space and audio-visual.
• Provides critical input to market leaders for development of property and overall market sales strategy.
• Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation and leads property and/or cluster meetings.
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Develops 6-month, 12-month and 2-year strategic action plans for management of cluster transient revenues.
• Manages inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Building Successful Relationships
• Provides market strategy expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities to property leadership teams and sales organization.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
For luxury without compromise, no destination compares to the brand new JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai Sahar. Boasting an unparalleled location in the heart of the vibrant suburb of Andheri, our hotel is a short drive from both Mumbai airports, as well as the area's business hub. Sophisticated rooms and suites offer every possible amenity to ensure your comfort, such as plush Marriott bedding, flat-screen TVs, and in-room tea and coffee makers. Additional perks throughout the hotel include our full-service spa, as well as an impressive 56,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space and creative catering services. If you are here in Andheri for work, you'll appreciate our two fully-staffed business centres; those looking to explore the area will love our close proximity to Andheri East, as well as our easy access to and from the airports. Whatever brings you here to the economic capital of India, we promise to make you feel right at home at the new JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai Sahar.