Company Overview: The 186-room Hyatt House Atlanta / Perimeter Center, located at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Lake Hearn Drive in Sandy Springs, will open in early spring 2021. This $46 million extended stay hotel will be the only lodging facility within Atlanta’s central perimeter medical district.
The Hyatt House is part of the Peachtree Dunwoody Pavilion 20-acre office park. The park is under redevelopment with the addition of multifamily, retail and additional office uses. Peachtree Dunwoody Pavilion’s location provides direct access to Georgia 400, I-285, the MARTA Medical Center rail station and the Perimeter Center Parkway fly-over bridge.
Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for all operations of the Front Office and Food & Beverage departments. This position will assure attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient service is delivered to external and internal customers, strive to exceed budgeted revenues, and manage customer experience, quality and compliance with corporate/brand policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding departmental financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by a supervisor as needed.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests, team members and community.
- Interview, hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication with employees and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve revenues.
- Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring customer feedback from all sources, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Provide information to other departments to improve / maintain quality of service.
- Focus the Front Office and F&B departments on their roles in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor and maintain the Front Office, Parking and F&B systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Implement and maintain company and brand programs to ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to customers.
- Establish and maintain key control system(s).
- Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Legacy Ventures Service standards as outlined in the Blueprint and other policies / rules of conduct, to include personal appearance / grooming, attendance and safe / efficient operations.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Legacy Ventures Hotels standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations. Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees. Be familiar with the hotel's emergency procedures. Train staff accordingly.
- Conduct purchasing for all areas of responsibility as needed, adhering to established budget/forecast and utilizing Birchstreet along with its checkbook function. Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Understand and ensure staff adheres to all standards, including brand standards, related to Front Office and Food & Beverage (Grab and Go, Complimentary Breakfast, HBar and Banquets) departments. Train and conduct inspections to ensure compliance.
- Adhere to productivity standards when scheduling and minimize unexpected overtime. Review Front Office and F&B worked hours and ensure time and attendance system is up to date and accurate daily.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, etc. Ensure department staff meets certification requirements for positions and the department is operated in compliance with all regulations, laws and other requirements.
- Monitor and follow up on all cash overages and shortages.
- Conduct monthly food, beverage and supply inventories and reconciliations.
- Perform system changes in POS and PMS as needed to ensure information remains up to date.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and know how to prepare each item.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food and beverage is according to standard.
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. system to print reports. Analyze reports generated. Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment as needed.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Attend weekly management staff meetings.
- Organize and conduct daily department/shift standups, weekly F&B meetings and monthly department meetings with staff.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as required or assigned by management.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work days, evenings or nights any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment and remain flexible
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all Front of House and F&B operations, and individual job requirements
- Must have a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests and staff.
- Ability to resolve guest, supervisor and employee conflicts.
- Ability to obtain Food Handlers and Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State and Brand requirements.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three or more years of progressive experience in Front Office/F&B; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The following are required: supervisory experience; computer skills, including Microsoft suite of products.
- The following are preferred: prior experience with Hyatt; college degree.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Long hours sometimes required.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.