Company Overview: The 186-room Hyatt House Atlanta / Perimeter Center, located at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Lake Hearn Drive in Sandy Springs, will open in early spring 2021. This $46 million extended stay hotel will be the only lodging facility within Atlanta’s central perimeter medical district.
The Hyatt House is part of the Peachtree Dunwoody Pavilion 20-acre office park. The park is under redevelopment with the addition of multifamily, retail and additional office uses. Peachtree Dunwoody Pavilion’s location provides direct access to Georgia 400, I-285, the MARTA Medical Center rail station and the Perimeter Center Parkway fly-over bridge.
Summary: Processing of night audit reporting and oversight of 3rd shift hotel operations. Responds to and services the guests’ needs. Responsible for balancing the daily operations of the hotel. Performs a variety of clerical duties including basic computer work and simple accounting tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by a supervisor as needed.
• Self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests, team members and community.
• Be familiar with and adhere to Legacy Ventures Service standards as outlined in the Blueprint and other policies / rules of conduct, to include personal appearance / grooming, attendance and safe / efficient operations.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Respond to guest immediately upon entering the lobby, 10-5 Rule should be maintained at all times.
• Balancing the day’s business in a neat and orderly fashion, in a reasonable amount of time.
• Must be able to work all night, but also be available for other shifts at front desk.
• Complete knowledge of all hotel systems including phone PBX system, key lock system, PMS reservation systems.
• Complete all tasks described on the relevant shift check list during shift.
• Knowledge of fire alarm system and evacuation procedures.
• Reviewing the credit of guest accounts daily and follow-up if action is required.
• Must have knowledge of surrounding area.
• Keep cash drawer secure and in balance throughout the shift.
• Sell and upsell rooms to walk ins and phone reservations.
• Know and adhere to hotel brand standards as well as Legacy Hotel Partners standards.
• Maintain a clean and attractive work area, uniform, and person.
• Maintain a constant goal of 100% occupancy and 100% guest satisfaction.
• Must have good telephone skills.
• Must have patience and understanding for every person that is encountered.
• Keep confidential the business functions of the company including, but not limited to, financial status, customer/guest information, employee issues, etc.
• Interacts with internal and external customers in a positive, professional and accommodating manner.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work days, evenings or nights any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
• Must have exceptional customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment and remain flexible
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Must have a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests and staff.
• Possess excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills. Computer literacy and financial management a must.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.