Tahseen, an interdisciplinary hospitality leadership development program; aims at successfully driving increased levels of engagement and interest of Local Nationals into this ever-growing professional sector. Tahseen is a 12 – 18 month program in cooperation with Cornell University.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Discipline Work, Projects, and Policies
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates, implements, and follows up on audits for all areas of property operations.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to operations procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Balances ledgers.
Supporting Property Operations
• Works with operations teams to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Evaluates if discipline teams are meeting service needs and provides feedback to teams.
• Participates in walk-throughs on property to ensure that all areas are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine operations performance against budget.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Customer and Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all customers and guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with customers and guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to customers and guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Supports annual quality audits.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Supporting Safety Standards and Work Procedures
• Implements property emergency plan.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration/MSDS.
• Implements and sustains property accident prevention programs.
• Follows property-specific recovery plans.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time and possesses organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes calls if necessary.
• Interpreting financial statements, managing people, and the essentials of hospitality marketing and planning.
• Includes a combination of specialized industry knowledge and leadership skills. It will allow you to learn from the best experts in the School of Hotel Administration. This certificate program consists of a mix of core courses and selective courses.
Education for Employment (EFE)
• The EFE component uses a blend of locally and internationally developed Hospitality courses that have been especially created to prepare Local nationals for careers in the hospitality industry.
• This six-weeks part of Tahseen includes approximately 260hrs of hospitality training, with many components specific to workplace readiness and better understanding of the work environment and the nature of the jobs.
• Occurs in the first six months of the program. Each participant will rotate through the six key disciplines on property, spending between 2 – 3 weeks in each discipline. The six disciplines are:
• Rooms Operations
• Food & Beverage
• Sales & Marketing (BMSC)
• Human Resources
• Safety & Security (Loss Prevention)
The Specialization Course
• Occurs in the last six months of the program and will focus on one discipline of the participant’s choice and leadership feedback. You will complete additional required training in this discipline and begin to gain deeper knowledge and develop skills necessary to become an effective leader in this discipline.
• The customized program includes local culture training, business English and is translated locally in Arabic so you are empowered to achieve success.
• Through Tahseen, you will gain fundamental knowledge and exposure to a wide array of hospitality disciplines. You will train with, and lean from, best-in-class hospitality leaders from around the globe – developing vital skill and be part of shaping your country’s economic future.
• Upon completing the Tahseen Program, you will be an expert in a discipline you are passionate about and have pride and confidence in the accelerated career path you have chosen.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.