SIGN-ON BONUS THE DAY YOU START, PLUS BONUSES AT 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
2. Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor. Sort and count articles to verify quantities on laundry lists. Soak contaminated articles in neutralizer solution in vat to precondition articles for washing.
3. Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
4. Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
5. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform all stages of linen processing.
8. Fold and stack clean, dry linens in designated place on linen carts.
9. Remove and properly dispose of damaged fabrics.
10. Comply with all safety and security policies.
11. Clean equipment.
12. Consistently practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English, can communicate well with guests
Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment
Ability to comprehend and apply written labeling instructions
Positive, energetic personality, willingness to learn and commitment to support and advance the image and reputation of the hotel.
1 year laundry and/or housekeeping experience in hospitality industry experience preferred
Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
Able to stand for long periods of time, reach above head level, bend, stoop, twist and lift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
Constant repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Hyatt House Colorado Springs is a contemporary hotel in the scenic section of the Centennial State that borders mountains, valleys, plains and rivers. Our long list of activities starts outside with zoos and parks, farms and stables, rafting and railways or gorges and golf. Reach attractions with our free 5-mile radius shuttle, one of our many courteous amenities like 24/7 dining or our heated outdoor pool.