Assists the Director of Golf in managing the overall daily golf operation, including golf shop, retail services, food and beverage services and the driving range areas. Directs and works with managers and employees to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while striving to maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the golf/course management or related professional area; member of Professional Golfers Association (PGA) or Ladies Professional Golfers Association (LPGA) (Membership required for US locations only).
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or related major; 1 years’ experience in the golf/course management or related professional area; member of Professional Golfers Association (PGA) or Ladies Professional Golfers Associates (LPGA) (Membership required for US locations only).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Golf Operations and Budgets
• Helps to ensure cash control policies are in place and followed by all Golf team members.
• Stays actively involved with overall property goals and initiatives (e.g., project teams, property committees, community involvement).
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Assists the Director of Golf in meetings with guests on an informal basis at “check-in” and/or upon course completion to obtain feedback on quality of course, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters for service performance.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists with the recruiting and hiring of Golf team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizing the contributions of team members; ensuring employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Adjusts staffing levels and services to meet customer demand and budget expectations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and produces desired results.
• Assists and directs the professional staff in the proper handling of all day-to-day golf events, functions and customer course play.
• Implements property safety awareness programs to ensure a safe work environment for employees and guests.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Ensures employees are cross trained to support successful daily operations.
• Brings issues to the attention of the Director of Golf and Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota – and experience a place where the casual Gulf Coast lifestyle meets the sophisticated, cosmopolitan excitement of the city. Featuring exceptional dining, a luxurious spa, championship golf, lavish accommodations and sweeping bay and city views, The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, provides guests with a relaxing escape from the everyday. While you're visiting, be sure to enjoy the sandy beaches recently named the 2011 "Best Beach in America". We invite you to view a Photo Gallery of our Sarasota luxury hotel and resort. The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota is a Tier 2 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.