Join our team at the newly renovated Delta Virginia Beach Bayfront Suites!
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the maintenance of the building, grounds, the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC.
- Perform all essential functions of a Maintenance Technician 1 and 2.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs and all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Monitor and maintain all engineering functions when full engineering staff is not available (i.e. weekends and evenings).
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Maintain proper records of the Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program and the Request Program.
- Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely basis.
- Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
High school diploma, plus two years or its equivalent in trade school or training in building maintenance/constructionKnowledge/Skills
Must have basic working knowledge in the following areas: general plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical systems, boilers, bathroom fixtures, and tiling painting -prep to finish basic carpentry groundskeeping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read written communiques, LED read-outs, meters, and computer screens.
- Must be able to pull levers and rotate knobs, work with arms raised above head and to handle and assemble small parts using basic hand and power tools.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, communicate both verbally and in writing, utilize analytical thought processes, understand verbal/written technical and mechanical instruction, and be highly organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs. throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to crawl into and through small spaces, climb ladders, support and carry loads of 75lbs.
- May be required to drive.
Health Insurance Benefits
Short Term & Long Term Disability