Responsible for: the day-to-day operations of the Front Office, Housekeeping and Maintenance to include and not limited to: personnel, budget performance and financial controls. PRE REQUISITES
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Two Years experience supervising (at least) eight associates.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.For this position specifically:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honest and trustworthiness at all times.
- Supervisory skills: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, documenting, motivating.
- Property Management Systems
- Accounting practices as delegated
- All functions, procedures and policies of departments supervised.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback.
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Analyze work for accuracy of self and others.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Communicate and document using internal means: logs, bibles, Innovations, email, etc.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining an aggressively friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays. POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a GM or Bench Manager. Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.I have read the job description, including the physical requirements of the position, and by signing below attest that I can perform this job in its entirety without accommodation.